Retail stores are under threat, with the rate of new store openings and the average size of stores in decline. Stores are facing competitive pressures brought on by the shift to online as well as social and economic factors. Shoppers have a new set of expectations, now shifting their spending towards experiences. To differentiate, the store will need to become a physical portal into brands and product experiences - becoming places where consumers can be inspired, learn, co-work, socialize, and experiment with new products.
Join us on Tuesday, May 22, as we examine the urgent need to reinvent physical stores and the evolving role they will play in the future, including:
- Creating impactful in-store experiences that can't be replicated online
- Building a frictionless interaction with online to offline integration
- Differentiating through product curation
- Enhancing online to offline collection and fulfillment services
- Identify the ways your organization can provide a seamless customer experience between store and online
- Evaluate the need to adapt to the stores' ongoing shift away from just selling products
- Understand the new set of KPIs stores of the future will need to have with the store adopting more experiential and social characteristics
- Examine the impact emerging technologies are having on every step of the shopper journey from product discovery through to purchase and service
Robert Gregory is PlanetRetail RNG's Global Research Director based in London. With over 20 years experience in global retail research and extensive experience across geographies and sectors, Robert delivers high-value and high-quality projects for clients that focus on future global trends impacting retail, shifts in channel landscape, key strategic initiatives by global retailers such as Walmart and Alibaba, and the actions suppliers need to take to achieve their winning strategies.